Skip to main content
Beverage Alcohol Tax News

Beverage Alcohol Tax News June 2022

State Beverage Alcohol Tax Update June 2022


Delaware: Curbside Delivery of Alcoholic Beverages Allowed in Certain Stores — March 7, 2022

On February 7, 2022, the Delaware General Assembly approved a law allowing any person in charge of a store in Delaware and holding a valid license for off-premises consumption to sell beer, spirits or wine for curbside service. All sales made for curbside service should obey the following rules:

  • Prohibit sales to individuals below the age of 21 and also forbid sales to intoxicated individuals.
  • The curbside delivery should be done by a certified alcohol beverage server.

More info.

Arkansas: Sale of Wine and Beer Through Drive Up Windows Allowed at Certain Outlets — March 18, 2022

Effective March 8, 2022, Arkansas amended their previous law, allowing the sale of wine and beer through drive up windows within the premises at certain outlets which hold a retail beer off-premises permit and small farm wine retail permit.

More info.

Rhode Island: Approval to Continue Alcoholic Beverage Take-Out Sale — March 18, 2022

Rhode Island’s law which was initially set to expire on March 1, 2022, is now repealed permitting brewpub manufacturer’s license holders and class B license holders to continue selling certain quantity of wine, mixed beverages containing distilled spirits, beer and wine-based drinks along with food take-out orders. They can sell up to:

  • Two 750 ml bottles of wine in smaller factory sealed containers.
  • 72 ounces of mixed wine-based drinks or single serving wine in containers.
  • 144 ounces of beer or mixed beverages in original factory sealed containers.
  • 144 ounces of draft beer or 72 ounces of mixed beverages containing less than or equal to 9 ounces of distilled spirits.

Class B license holders need to sell alcoholic beverages at the same price as what is charged for consumption on the premises.

More info.

Indiana: Hospitality Permit Authorized for Temporary Craft Manufacturers — April 8, 2022

Effective July 1, 2022, the state of Indiana may issue temporary craft manufacturer’s hospitality permit to certain farm wineries, small breweries or artisan distiller’s permittees at a permit fee of $50 per day.
The hospitality permit allows a craft manufacturer's participation on the licensed premises of a host permittee, in:

  • A trade show;
  • A convention;
  • An exposition;
  • Other similar events.

More info.

Texas: License Holders Cannot Conduct Business Past Their Expiration Date Unless Renewal Submitted — March 8, 2022

Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) ended its extended grace period and required all businesses currently functioning on expired licenses to apply for renewal before March 31st, 2022. Effective April 01, 2022, all license holders should have filed their renewal applications with TABC to continue their normal business operations.

More info. 

District of Columbia: Extension of Streatery Program for Certain Alcoholic Beverage Permittees — April 8, 2022

The District of Columbia has extended the streatery program allowing certain permittees and licensees to use street-level outdoor private or public space to serve, sell or allow the consumption of wine, beer, or spirits. The streatery program was initially set to expire on February 28, 2022.

More info.

Maine: Various Changes Effective for 2022 — April 22, 2022

Qualified distilleries and on-premise retailers are allowed to sell liquor for off-premises consumption under specific conditions.
A distillery or small distillery is allowed to sell cocktails consisting of samples of spirits produced by the distillery or small distillery to the public for on-premises consumption, provided they satisfy some specific conditions. Both these laws were set to expire on September 10, 2022.

More info.

Washington: Temporary Reduction in The Hospitality Alcoholic Beverage License Fee — April 28, 2022

Effective April 1, 2022, through December 31, 2023, the Washington Legislature reduced the license fees for the following Washington licenses:
The beer, spirits and wine restaurant license annual fee shall be as follows:

  • Less than 50% dedicated dining area - $1,000 (Previously,   $2,000);
  • 50% or more dedicated dining area - $800 (Previously, $1,600);
  • Service bar only: $500;
  • a hotel license - $1,000 (Previously, $2,000);
  • a spirits, beer, and wine nightclub license - $1,000 (Previously, $2,000);
  • a spirits, beer, and wine theater license - $1,000 (Previously, $2,000);
  • a caterer combined beer, wine, and spirits license - $500 (Previously, $1,000);
  • a distiller license - $1,000 (Previously, $2,000);
  • an off-site tasting room license issued to a distillery or craft - distillery - $1,000 (Previously, $2,000);
  • a domestic winery license, fee computed by the liters   manufactured:
  • less than 250,000 liters per year - $50 (Previously, $100); and
  • 250,000 liters or more per year - $200 (Previously, $400).
  • a domestic brewery license, production of 60,000 barrels or more of malt liquor - $1,000 (Previously,   $2,000);
  • a microbrewery, production of less than 60,000 barrels of  malt liquor - $50 (Previously, $100);
  • a beer and/or wine restaurant license:
  • beer license - $100 (Previously, $200);
  • wine license - $100 (Previously, $200); or
  • combination beer and wine license - $200 (Previously,  $400).
  • a tavern license:
  • beer license - $100 (Previously, $200);
  • wine license - $100 (Previously, $200); or
  • combination beer and wine license - $200 (Previously, $400). 

More info.

West Virginia: Additional Private Club Licenses Granted — April 29, 2022

Effective June 10, 2022, any private club licensee in West Virginia is allowed to get additional licenses for holding events, festivals and fairs in West Virginia.
The subsequent private club licenses may be given:

  • A private bakery license for producing confections with added alcohol for a license fee of $500.
  • A private cigar shop permitted to sell food, cigars and alcohol for on-premises consumption with a license fee of $1,500.
  • A license for a private college sports stadium for alcohol sales in specific areas of the sports stadium with a license fee of $2,000.
  • A license for a private food truck conducting food and alcohol sales at numerous locations approved by the municipality with a license fee of $2,000.
  • License for a private caterer for a private resort hotel or a private hotel with a license fee of $1,000.

More info. 

Add new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.